We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Farm folks aren’t typically the easiest people to buy gifts for: They meet many of their own needs, get a bunch of stuff dirty and spend most of their time outdoors. But don’t dismay—we’ve rounded up 10 gift ideas for those farmers in your lives.
1. Give the gift of animal welfare this year. Cozy Caps eliminate the possibility of frostbite by holding a calf’s ears firmly but comfortably against its head, warming them with body heat.
2. Haul firewood from the chopping block to the house or workshop on a rolling log cart, available with an optional cover that keeps logs dry and rot-free.
3. The Yanmar Bull Series UTV is a gift they’ll never forget. It’s powered by a 686cc gas engine; fitted with a heavy-duty 2-inch receiver-style hitch; and offered in four colors—red with silver graphics, green with silver graphics, camouflage and matte dark gray with a black hood.
4. Avoid standing in the cold while letting your pooch tell you when he needs to go out (or come in) with a Pebble Smart Doggie Doorbell, which can be installed without tools.
5. Allapure’s Advanced Wound and Skin Therapy provides a protective barrier that eliminates 99.99 percent of bacteria, viruses, bio films and spores.
6. A rebar twister is invaluable on the farm when you’re installing cattle panels and T-posts as fencing. Loop a length of wire around the panel and the post, bend and hook both ends on the Tie Wire Twister and spin it, then secure the remaining ends down.
7. Give you hens the gift of toasty comfort without fear of fire by using the Cozy Coop Flat Panel Heater, which employs radiant and convection heat.
8. The SnoDozer SnoBlade lets you stand upright with a two-handed grip so you can leverage your body weight and momentum to push snow as deep as 3 inches.
9. Safely remove ice from your roof and gutter with a 120-volt heating cable that melts ice buildup.
10. Bottom heat is one of the best ways to improve germination and rooting in started seeds, and Jump Start Seedling Heat Mats offer uniform heating and come in a variety of sizes.
This story originally appeared in the November/December 2018 issue of Hobby Farms magazine.